© Hambys 2010-
Celebrating 60 Years -
This building, Grade II* listed, formerly a medieval merchant's house, dates from 1470 and is Rotherham's oldest secular building and the town's only remaining timber framed structure. It houses a coved dais canopy (a rare feature dating from when the building was an open hall) that originally arches over the high table of the most important guest or Lord. For a few years following renovations, the premises housed Hambys Antiques centre but the premises are now home to The Three Cranes Inn. The upper floor has heritage rooms and displays that are freely open to the public to view, on request.